Thursday, September 13, 2007

Vids

This is ostensibly a code-related blog, but there are other nerdly things that I'm totally geeked about right now. Don't worry, I'll get back to boring subjects like Exchange Requests soon enough, but this week I'm focusing on video games.

Armageddon Empires
Armageddon Empires is a PC game that plays more like a board game combined with a card game. Bill Harris has given it a lot of love, and I have to echo his opinions, this is a really fun game. To top it all off the creator even writes a very interesting blog about game development and other things, check it out.

NHL '08
I've only played the demo on the Xbox 360, but what a game! The demo only allows for you to play 1 period, and you must always use the same teams (Anaheim and Ottawa), yet my brother and I played it for about 3 hours straight the other night. We then followed that up with another night of playing with some more of my friends. From what I can tell, this is the best sports game ever. Seriously, check out this review. Now I just need to petition EA to bring it to the Wii, or petition the wife to bring the 360 to me.

Guitar Hero
I finally got a chance to play one of these games over the summer, and while I had an inkling it would be fun, I didn't realize just how much I would enjoy it. Guitar Hero II is perhaps the best game I've ever played. Yes, as psyched as I am about NHL '08, I'm even more psyched about Guitar Hero III. And no petition's necessary on this one, it hits the Wii at the end of October like all good games should.

No comments: