Wednesday, June 4, 2008

On Being Out-Babooned

I'm being out-babooned. A few months ago I decided it might be a good idea to snag the codebaboon.com domain, only to realise that someone else (Mark Theunissen apparently) had registered it literally days earlier. A little frustrated by my lack of initiative, I figured it was no big deal, that this new baboon would probably just do nothing with it or put up some craptastic site that I could mock now and again.

Boy was I wrong. Not to pimp some stranger's site, but check it out. Pretty nice looking, eh? He's got a cool little baboon logo that kind of looks like him, and a very nice, clean style. He shows up first in the Google search for code baboon, and has far more comments on his posts (which means he has a few readers). And to top it all off the bastard even has a photo of himself and a baboon!

Looks like I need to step it up. My frequency of posts has been increasing lately, so that's a start. I'm not sure what more I can do to make Blogger look sexy, so maybe I need to look into registering www.therealcodebaboon.com or something. Most importantly, I'll be heading to the Zoo this weekend to steal a baboon for a night on the town. I'm going to get photos of us having a drink on a patio, playing flag football in a park, riding a tandem bike, and high-fiving after scoring the winning touchdown in a game of flag football. Eat that, Mark.

1 comment:

Cambo said...

'Cause I'm Slim Shady^^^^^^^^H the Code Baboon, yes I'm the real Sha^^^^^H Baboon
All you other Slim Sh^^^^^^^^H Code Baboons are just imitating
So won't the real Slim Sh^^^^^^^^H Code Baboons please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?


Just be glad I didn't make a joke about a swollen red butt