Monday, May 19, 2008

Well That Ended Quickly

The great Linux experiment of '08 is officially over. I will really miss the virtual workspaces and other nice features, but until there is a reliable Exchange mail client it just won't do the trick for me. Evolution is beyond buggy, and I can't have my email and calendering crashing constantly. Thunderbird/Lightning didn't seem any better. I couldn't get Outlook to work under Wine.

So I'm back to Windows, and I'm giving Vista a third spin. I'm going to try my darndest to keep the OS 'clean' and hopefully have something that performs reasonably well. Of course, on a fresh install with just Firefox running I'm currently using 675MB of RAM... ugh.

I'm still glad I tried, and I think I might try installing Kubuntu under Wubi and seeing how Kontact works, but I don't hold out much hope. Maybe someday I'll be able to switch back, but for now I'm stuck.

Boo.

No comments: